Focusrite Scarlett Reborn!
The worlds best selling audio interface gets a facelift and new features with the new generation of Focusrite Scarlett. With this comes new versions for every model within the Scarlett range!
Focusrite spoke to a range of industry experts to see why the original Scarletts are the number one choice for so many different musicians and producers.
Don’t worry, it’s still the same great tried and tested Scarlett that you’ve come to love, but with more improvements to make it even better! These improvements are in the cosmetics, hardware and software of the Scarlett range, taking things you already love to the next level.
Key to these new upgrades is their new super-low latency* at 2.7ms, which allows you to record whilst monitoring with software effects in real time. The super speed in this units is also built to go anywhere with its improved sleek red metal chassis and sturdy metal gain controls. The Scarlett range also now operates at sample rates all the way up to 192kHz, and the input channels have evolved too. The latest Scarlett mic preamp features a more even gain structure, so you can accurately set your levels, and the instrument input has also been completely redesigned so it can handle seriously hot guitar pick-ups. Finally, we have provided analogue protection circuitry across both the inputs and the outputs, to guard your interface against unwanted power surges.
* Super-low roundtrip latency was measured at 2.74ms, working at 96kHz with a 32 samples buffer on Logic Pro X, running on a Mac Pro and OS 10.11
News Software Bundle
- Red 2 & 3 Plug-in Suite
- Softube Time and Tone Pack
- Ableton Live Lite music making software
- 2 GB of Loopmasters sounds and samples (combined packs from Focusrite and Avid)
- Novation Bass Station VST and AU plug-in synthesiser
- Pro Tools First | First Focusrite Creative pack
That’s right, Pro Tools is available for the first time ever with the Focusrite Scarlett, with the Pro Tools First pack including the 12 exclusive free plug-ins as well as the Pro Tools First software: Eleven Lite / In-Tune digital tuner / Black Op Distortion / Flanger / Vibe Phaser / Roto Speaker / Tape Echo / Studio Reverb / Gray Compressor / Sc-Fi Ring Modulator / Vari-Fi speed shifter / Graphic EQ
Studio Pack Design
Both the Scarlett Solo Studio & 2i2 Studio have had their headphones and microphones redesigned to match the sleek new interface design!
New Scarlett Control Panel
The Scarlett interface has always been simplistic in it’s workflow, and Focusrite have further improved this :
- Taking inspiration from the Clarett range, Focusrite Control (6i6 and above) allows for full control over routing inputs and outputs and also gives remote control over unit functionality.
- Input and output protection (protects against phantom power shorting) for protection against accidental application of phantom power to outputs.
- Power optimisation for laptops that don’t supply enough bus power to the small Scarlett units ensures USB ports will not become overloaded.