Korg I3 Portable Arranger Workstation Silver Starter Package
Reasons to Buy a Korg I3 Portable Arranger Workstation
1. 61 Touch Responsive keys - The keys feel great and make you want to play.
2. 64 Note Polyphony - This is how many notes you can play at the same time. If layer 3 sounds for example then you are using 3 notes per key so the polyphony is great on here.
3. 790 Sounds | 59 Drum Kits & Effects Unit - High quality sounds with effects. You are not going to run out of sounds to use, and the drum kits are great if you midi up to use for tracks you may record.The effects unit is excellent giving you from warm reverb to massive guitar distortion, its all in here.
4. 270 Styes With 4 Variations, Intro & Ending - These are amazing and you can mute parts very easily too! In addition you record controls you make, this makes it perfect for dance tracks and to bring in the 'drop'.
5. 16 Track Recorder - You have a 16 track sequencer built in to 100,000 notes and 999 songs. You can export this information too.
6. MIDI OUT SOCKET & USB MIDI - Great to link up to your other devices and equipment
The Korg I3 keyboard workstation in an amazing bit of kit! Designed with people looking for quality sounds and modern rhythms this keyboard is useful for many people. From gigging musicians to creative composers, this workstation has a lot to offer. The touch responsive keys feel great and the sound quality is nothing short of incredible for a keyboard at this price point. You can even have 3 sounds on at the same time which is almost unheard of for this price! Its great that you can also mute accompaniment parts in and out easily and record your performance live too. I think the Korg I3 is excellent value for you money and you should get one!
Graham Blackledge - Rimmers Music
When working at the I3 workstation, you'll soon find yourself writing and producing your own music. By using the Sound Set and Style Performance Set, you can group sounds, beats, and parts together. By streamlining this creative process, you'll find that you can write and arrange music much faster and find experimenting more fun. You can even use the onboard effects and EQ to tailor your sound for any performance.
When using the sequencer, it can record, save, and play both MIDI and audio files, all while you're playing along. This all-in-one, simple to use arranger is ideal for a budding composer, eager performer, or an up-and-coming producer. And thanks to the battery power, you can use the Korg I3 workstation where ever you wish!
At the front of the Korg I3, you will find 61 full-size, velocity-sensitive keys. You can adjust the keyboard's response using three touch-curves plus an additional fourth curve which provides a fixed output level. Thanks to the professional joystick, you can apply pitch bend, vibrato, and brilliance during a performance - in real-time!
The buttons and controls on the front panel are conveniently grouped together by function, while the custom backlit LCD delivers all the important visual feedback regarding the current settings. A rotary data-wheel encoder can quickly edit the value of the onscreen parameters. The black-out finish, rubberised touch surface and perforated end panels add a touch of luxury to the Korg I3.
The Korg I3 is brimming with decades of Korg sound design expertise. You have the choice of nearly 800 instrument sounds, all of which have been created by master programmers and musicians. This includes a complete GM2 sound set, providing flawless General MIDI compatibility. Once you add on another 59 custom drums kits, you'll soon realise how powerful the Korg I3 is.
Now you can easily call up one of the 200 sound sets from the memory and place up to four sounds on the keyboard at once. Reset the split point instantly with the touch of a button and the press of a key. Thanks to the generous 64 voices of polyphony you can now produce more voices for more complex textures. And at the touch of a button, you can instantly recall the grand piano sound at any time.
This product has not been reviewed yet.