Korg Nautilus 61 key Workstation
Ultimate Synth Selection Promo
Click This Link To Claim
The Ultimate Synth Selection utilises the Setlist feature in Nautilus and gives the user the ability to search for sounds from legacy instruments through to the world class sound engines of the Nautilus. Imagine walking into a room containing an MS20, a Polysix, Wavestation, M1, Triton, Concert pianos, CX-3 drawbar organs, Electric Pianos with an array of FX pedals, super charged FM synths and more… The Ultimate Synth Selection lets you do that within the Nautilus by giving the user 11 custom setlists created by KORG UK.
Reasons To By A Korg Nautilus
The Korg Nautilus is an amazing synth that will completely exceed all your expectations. It has an incredible amount of power that will simply bow your mind! Korg are always striving to make something unique and more powerful with easy operation. They have the gigging musician in mind together with the home enthusiast and studio musician with this new Korg Nautilus range and I think have achieved what many other manufacturers have failed to do. A workstation that can 'do it all'. From the easy operation, live controllers and memories setting for the gigging musician to easy operation and sequencing, its just a fabulous instrument. The sound engine is beautiful and the key action is nice and responsive. The 88 key version is a fully weighted key action fro the pianists that play and prefer a hammer action feel. The 7 inch full colour screen is easy to see and very responsive too!
I have made a list here of the reasons you should buy a Korg Nautilus. I hope it helps you...
1. Kronos Technology - The Korg Nautilus is packed with loads of the powerful engine of the legendary Korg Kronos range, with a few twists and updates along the way.
2. Program - Combi - Sequence Mode - They are all here as they have been on Korg Workstation for many years, making the transition simple from an operating point of view.
3. Set List - Pro -Musicians love this feature, making it easy to create your 'gig' sets and even colour code them too.
4. Knobs that Push in - Heres a great feature. The live controller knobs can be pushed into the keyboard. This is great for two things, one is that you can reduce risk of damaging the knobs when moving around; and two, you can lock them in place so you do not catch them when you have the exacr setting you want - Smple but great feature.
5. Dynamic Control (New) - This controller can adjust the dynamics of the keyboard live. Ie change the amount of pressure for full volume. Really handy if you want to give your part a lift for a solo for example and then calm down to backing keyboard - Another great idea for Korg!
6. Octave Shift Controller (New) - For what I think is the first time, Korg have added an easy octave shift controller to the controllers so its easy to do live or at least find it easily when you want it.
7. Quick Access Buttons - Programmable buttons on the keyboard that you can decide the function of; such as start/stop for the drum tracks, or go to particular pages etc. These will be very useful to you.
8. Available in 61, 73 & 88 Key Versions - The 88 key version is a fully weighted hammer action key feel. The other two models are the usual great Korg keyboard feel.
9. New Sounds - There are some completely new sounds on this model that have easy editable features, such as pianos sounds whereby the room ambience is adjustable separately to the internal piano sound and much more. The sounds are amazing.
10. 7 Inch Colour Screen - Very clear, very responsive 7 inch touch screen.
11. Drum Track/Arpeggiator - Fantastic real sounding drum tracks you can use together with a synced arpeggiator with many variations.
12. Nine Engines - With nine powerful engines in this workstation it has the power to do it! Whether its sequencing, using the enormous effects unit or wave emulations it will not let you down.
13. Organ Sounds - Probably the best recreation of organ sounds and 'leslie' speaker simulator I have ever heard, with full drawbar functionality on screen too; the classical organs and others are excellent with beautiful effects for reverb and more.
14. Emulate Wave Sequencing - Create some amazing pulsing sounds and sync with your drum tracks.
15. Poly Synth Sounds & More - Incredible synth sounds that can take you bck to the 80's nd beyond.
16. Combi Settings - Set up and lock in your favourite sound mixes and drum tracks to memories with easy recall.
17. Sequencer: 16 MIDI & 16 Audio Tracks - You have 16 MIDI sequencer tracks and also 16 audio track as that you mix together to be as creative as you want to be.
I think the Korg Nautilus is quite simply one of the best synth workstations I have ever seen. This is a 'must buy' for all Korg fans, and anyone who is considering a workstation synth. The sounds are fantastic and the features are incredible. You need one, get yours on order from Rimmers Music today!
Graham Blackledge - Rimmers Music
What the manufacturer say about the Korg Nautilus 61 Workstation Black...
Nine powerful engines in one sleek workstation. The Korg Nautilus sets the new benchmark for workstations, with a feature-filled design that boasts audio recording, effects, cutting-edge sounds and much more.
The Nautilus embodies Korg's expertise with an intuitive interface and seamless workflow that will bring out the best from any performer. Designed for the stage or the studio, the Nautilus builds on the success of the Kronos, with this streamline synth workstation designed for the modern era. Finding sounds is easier than ever thanks to the three new stylised categories: Unique, Current and Standard.
The genre-defying sounds are complemented further by the open sampling system, which allows you to get creative with your sound design. 16 studio-grade onboard effects are also available to add texture to your sounds. The Korg Nautilus Workstation also features USB/MIDI host ports so you can use the Nautilus with your favourite DAW or other MIDI controllers.
Your sound library is one of the most precious things to performers and music producers alike. The Nautilus more than takes this into account with Korg’s most comprehensive sound set ever put into a workstation. Powered via the nine engines, the expansive collection of sounds spans every genre and generation, arranged into three main categories for easy navigation.
The “Current” category is comprised of cutting-edge presets and sounds inspired by the modern era of music. You can expect massive synth leads, in-your-face bass sounds, huge drums and much more. This category includes sounds for EDM, chiptune, electro, hip-hop, trap and many others. The Nautilus features over 50 versatile drum kits so you can build your song ideas and live performances.
The “Unique” category supplies you with never-before-sampled instruments and unheard treats from the far stretches of the music world. The distinctive, bold sounds span prepared pianos, phrase loops, found percussion and everything in between. The esoteric tones are perfect for experimentation and sound design, adding unique flavours to your existing arsenal.
Last but not least, the “Standard” category includes everything else you could possibly expect from a workstation. The genre-defying and powerful sounds include electric guitars, acoustic guitars, pianos and electric pianos. Each instrument has been meticulously sampled to react to velocity and touch resulting in a natural and rich sound.
As well as the wide range of exclusive sounds, the Nautilus employs nine powerful and varied engines including instruments and synthesizers. The SGX-2 engine provides you with a premium piano instrument that recreates the sound of classic grand pianos. The EP-1 engine bases its design and sound on the MDS (multi-dimensional synthesis) electric piano. This classic-style e-piano utilises the MDS technology to ensure seamless transitions between velocity-switched samples for natural playability and fluid performance.
Classic organ sounds are provided by the CX-3 tonewheel organ engine, providing you with a vintage-style organ based on the Korg CX-3 model. The in-depth engine recreates the sound of the CX-3 with maximum precision, capturing every nuance that made the original so sought after.
The HD-1 engine is a high-definition synthesizer utilises KORG’s proprietary sample playback oscillators so you can create cutting-edge sounds with the latest technology. The synth includes a myriad of useful controls and is one of Korg’s most powerful PCM engines available.
Travel back to the golden era with the MS-20EX legacy analog collection engine. This engine includes recreates the classic MS-20 sound in extreme detail offering the same raw analog sound that made the synth so revered.
Other engines included in the Nautilus include the AL-1 Analog Synthesizer, the MOD-7 waveshaping VPM synthesizer and the STR-1 plucked strings engine, providing you with everything you could need to create the sounds you imagine.
One of the most unique controls on the Nautilus is the custom DYNAMICS knob made exclusively by Korg. This unique parameter allows you to control the way you play your sounds by changing the tonality and response from your sounds. For example, turning the DYNAMICS knobs to the left will offer more varied velocities and tonality when playing, whereas turned to the right the workstation will offer a more flatter response.
A natural performer. As well as the touchscreen display, the Korg Nautilus provides you with six RT (real-time) knobs so you can make on-the-fly changes to PROG and COMBI sounds. The RT controls are assigned with a wide variety of functions including filter cutoff, effect depth, swing and much more.
Whilst in COMBI mode you can also group together timbres and control the volume of them using the RT knobs. This allows you to get creative with your live performances, combining multiple tones or using effects to create transitions and depth. You can even lock the RT knobs in place so you can save your settings and not knock them off whilst performing.
At the heart of the Korg Nautilus is the innovative TouchView display. The crisp and clear eight inch (800x600 pixel) display allows you to make precise and detailed adjustments to parameters and other settings at the touch of your finger. One of the most unique features of the TouchView display is the ability to connect virtual patch cables on a synthesizer as well as search and preview sounds from the menu.
Another feature of the TouchView display is the built-in 16-track MIDI and audio track sequencer. Utilising Korg’s Open Sampling System you can arrange and sequencer whilst using up to 16 dedicated effects processors. The Sequencer also provides flawless plug-in integration with many popular DAW platforms. With its wide range of controls and impressive array of premium sound effects, the built-in sequencer is ideal for any musical arrangement.
This product has not been reviewed yet.